Director - Internal Communications - Products and Staff Groups
Corp Comm & Community Affairs
Eligible for Relocation:
Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office - and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
This position is responsible for providing communications consulting, strategy, planning, editorial oversight and execution in support of several product lines and staff groups with a focus on RiverSource Insurance and Annuities, Wealth Management Products and Solutions, Ameriprise Bank, Auto & Home, the General Counsels Organization and Strategy and Business Development. This individual will help deliver a proactive and integrated experience that supports business priorities and engages audiences.
Approximate % of Time
Lead strategic communications consulting to meet business objectives
* Proactively identify communications needs
* Consult with executive, senior business and communications leaders on strategies to meet their needs and those of the company and our audiences
* Understand key business drivers and audience needs to provide a segment, enterprise and external perspective
* Ensure messaging is integrated and aligned across communications channels
* Bring an enterprise-wide, end-to-end view to consulting strategy and recommendations
* Contribute to and ensure alignment with enterprise editorial strategy
* Influence decision-making for the benefit of the audience experience
* Work with Experience team and Field Communications Governance representatives to influence communications prioritization, sequencing and message alignment within the business
* Evaluate the effectiveness of communications in meeting our audiences and business partners needs
Develop, manage and implement communications plans
* Work with business partners to understand objectives, desired results
* Develop overall segment and business communications plans in alignment with the enterprise editorial strategy to address key business priorities; ensure plans are integrated with other key business initiatives
* Coordinate messages to ensure alignment/consistency across communications channels
* Develop creative solutions, leveraging different communications formats/channels as appropriate and manage implementation of plans
* Help write, edit and coordinate communications for audiences
* Collaborate with Experience team, business partners and consultants to inform communications and ensure audience needs are met
Provide communications support for senior leaders
* Build relationships with senior leaders and manage communications priorities
* Provide communications counsel, coaching and writing support for speeches, presentations, conference call scripts, and memos to corporate and field audiences
* Integrate/align senior leaders key messages across communications channels
Lead and manage a consulting team to deliver high-value communications support
* Help ensure we have the right resources, aligned appropriately to meet the needs of the enterprise, the department and the groups you support
* Help employee(s) build competencies and leadership through coaching, regular 1:1s, performance reviews and development plans
* Serve as a Corporate Communications department leader
* Provide support for cross-organizational communications projects as appropriate
* Bachelors degree
* Minimum of seven years experience in communications or related field
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Communications consulting, planning and project leadership experience
* Proven ability to influence business leaders and to think, plan and execute strategically
* Experience leading people/team
* Proactive approach and creative problem-solving skills
* High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Undergraduate degree focused on communications, journalism or English
* Understanding of financial services
* Experience working with a distributed field or advisor force
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2011 **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. All rights reserved.
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : http://www.ameriprise.com/