AIR is a not-for-profit, behavioral and social science research organization committed to improving people’s lives, with an emphasis on serving the needs of disadvantaged populations. AIR’s award-winning Health Program works with public health officials, foundations and nonprofit organizations to address many of today’s most challenging health and health care issues.
The Communications and Social Marketing (CSM) group of the Health Program helps to translate today's complex health issues into easy-to-understand information and skillfully disseminate these messages to culturally diverse audiences using a broad range of communication technologies and cross-media platforms.
As a result of recent follow-on contract work, we are seeking qualified candidates who are interested and excited about working in a collegial and collaborative environment where they can perform tasks that influence interpretation and communication of health care information.
• Manage mid-size projects and tasks.
• Interact with government clients, AIR staff, and other contractors.
• Manage client relationships.
• Schedule meetings with client and client expert panels/ work groups.
• Work with AIR team to ensure that each meeting’s technology needs are met.
• Develop and send meeting notices and reminders; confirm attendance.
• Take detailed notes during work group meetings and webinars to discuss development of manuscripts/reports; write meeting summaries, and reports; distribute to team.
• Assist panels and work groups in compiling drafts into a single manuscript/report and support iterative manuscript editing based on client and external reviews.
• Handle multiple tasks independently and simultaneously.
• Assist with proposal development process as needed.
• Initiate relationships with AIR staff to identify and prioritize communication work.
• Demonstrate leadership by prioritizing, working closely with client and AIR team, and demonstrating good judgment.
• Keep supervisor(s) informed of sensitive or challenging work issues.
• Manage work time, including multiple priorities ensuring that work assignments are completed efficiently and effectively. Solve conflicting priority situations.
• Work proactively with supervisor(s) and other managers to maintain billability.
• Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field required.
• 2 or more years related experience in communication, particularly health communication.
• Experience in project/task coordination and client relations required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to clients and staff.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and synthesize scientific, professional, and behavioral science research material into a variety of formats.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Subject matter expertise in cardiovascular disease risk reduction in high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and overweight/obesity a plus.
Apply for this job:
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
Refer a friend to this job
Go back to the welcome page
Working with AIR
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
1000 Thomas Jefferson Street NW