This position reports to the Vice President of Communications. The Integrated Communications Director will plan, direct and implement comprehensive and integrated communication strategies that promote knowledge and understanding of Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) and support business growth and global expansion. S/he will advise the SAS Leadership Team on key communication opportunities and issues and lead strategic communication programs that support SAS’ commitment to its employees, customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders. The primary goal of this job is to develop and communicate a clear, consistent message and develop and lead innovative integrated communication campaigns that result in winning business and keeping business sold.
Working in a heavily matrixes environment, this leader will create a highly strategic, collaborative, accountable and professional external Communication organization and build strong relationships with business leaders to deliver innovative, high value communication programs that support SAS’s business goals and objectives and build brand and business for Raytheon Corporation.
This leader advises senior management, anticipates and expertly handles current and emerging issues that affect the company’s reputation among customers, employees and other stakeholders.
• Leading the conception, development and implementation of strategic communication plans that address the needs of the business and align with Raytheon’s overall goals and objectives.
• Serving as SAS spokesperson and external communication counselor to senior management, providing proactive strategic and issues management guidance and leading responses in matters that could impact SAS’s interests.
• Building and maintaining relationships with top-tier media and drive public relations strategies and tactics. Oversee and manage a steady flow of external news across all owned, earned and paid channels with specific focus on Asian and Middle East markets in alignment with SAS business strategy goals
• Providing messaging and support for high-profile executive speaking engagements through thought leadership platforms.
• Working in close coordination with Government Relations and Advocacy teams to drive and shape external SAS and enterprise campaigns with key influencers that result in SAS business wins.
• Building a cohesive communications team that delivers strategic, high value programs.
• Determining metrics and methods of effectively measuring external communications plans, programs and projects.
• The ideal candidate must be able to drive organizational change. With a commitment to excellence, this leader will inspire outstanding performance for the team.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive leadership experience in media/public relations, and marketing communication.
• Experience with government affairs and advocacy is beneficial.
• Demonstrated record of success in developing and supporting all external integrated communication activities demonstrating a direct link to business strategy, goals and objectives
• Proven ability to write for business leaders and present effectively.
• Innovative, strategic thinking and planning skills with the ability to create and communicate a solid messaging framework for SAS.
• Strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on coaching and developing tenured teams to evolve during times of transition and change.
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and network. High professional demeanor and diplomatic skills.
• Results orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish projects.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Good organizational capabilities with superior follow through.
• Digital native or immigrant.
• Secret clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing or a related field required, Masters Degree in Business preferred.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at
****and follow us on Twitter at
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is a leading provider of sensor systems giving military forces the most accurate and timely actionable information available for the network-centric battlefield. With 2011 revenues of $5.3 billion and 12,000 employees, SAS is headquartered in El Segundo, Calif. Additional facilities are in Goleta, San Diego and Sunnyvale, Calif.; Annapolis Junction, Md.; Forest, Miss.; Dallas, McKinney and Plano, Texas; and several international locations.
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
* Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
* Where talented people can make an impact.
* Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Website : http://www.raytheon.com/