Title: KY3, Inc. Sports Digital Stats Coordinator
Department: Digital Content
Reports To: Sports Web Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: KY3, Inc.
The strength and resources of the No. 1 television group in SW Missouri are behind a new website for all those raving high school and college sports fans. We are looking for a dynamic, organized individual who loves sports and can deliver the best high school and college sports coverage online for Missourians.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.)
• Knowledge of the SW Missouri high school and college sports scene
• Strong Internet research capabilities
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Background in writing or editing news copy with some knowledge of AP style
• Participation in and knowledge of social media
• Desire to learn how to shoot and edit video and photos for web use
• Strong and demonstrated organizational and time-management skill
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work fast, accurately and deal well with deadlines and time pressure
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
• Management of stats database on a daily basis
• Responsible for updating scores, schedules and rosters
• Develops strong relationship with high school and college coaches and athletic directors
• Administers training for database usage and maintenance
• Assists in writing and shooting sports stories for the site
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with some late evening, weekend and holiday work required
• Assist with other projects as required and assigned
• Other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Sitting 25%, standing/walking 75%.
• Ability to lift and carry 10-25 lbs. for short distances.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Exposure to atmospheric conditions will be encountered; significant outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected. Occasionally morning, evening, or weekend work is required.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUME/SPORTS WRITING SAMPLE & A BIT ABOUT YOUSELF BY: May 10, 2012 @ 5pm
Beth Keeling – HR Business Partner
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, Mo. 65807
KY3, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a security clearance.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.