Job Description: go top
Sr. Communication Specialist
The Senior Communications Specialist will be a member of the Marketing & Communication team and be based in Miami. This individual will successfully develop and execute external communications projects that support the strategic communications efforts of an FPL business unit, department or initiative.
The responsibilities for this position vary and include working cross functionally at both the business unit and corporate level and interfacing with business unit leaders and subject matter experts to deliver a broad range of communications activities. The person is expected to work with a high degree of initiative and independence, anticipate client needs and develop communication solutions that further the business objectives and ensure their successful implementation.
Specific responsibilities include strategic communication planning, message development, writing, proactive and reactive media relations, and serving as a media spokesperson. The individual will be expected to follow established processes, build and maintain great relationships with clients and co-workers and communicate effectively with them. Additionally, the position requires understanding quantifiable metrics to track performance and progress.
Job Requirements: go top
The position requires a minimum of five years of communication experience; experience in multiple communication disciplines is preferred. The person should have strong writing and media relations expertise, be proficient developing and executing strategic communication plans and writing key messages. The individual must be bilingual and able to do media interviews and write in both English and Spanish.
The following are key skills for the position:
· Superb writing skills
· Bilingual media interview skills (Spanish and English interviews)
· Excellent verbal, editing, presentation and overall communication skills
· Strong dedication to customer service; the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
· Sound business and financial acumen skills
· The ability to follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
· Creative thinking and problem solving
· The ability to maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Strong project management skills
Bachelor's degree in related field (Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Public Relations, Advertising, etc); or equivalent experience.
Job Details: go top
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL Group Company)
Website : http://www.fpl.com/