ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Capture and assemble clips using non-linear editing systems - Final Cut, Edius and Quantel software
• Edit content in a digital environment or digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital media platforms
• Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of digital content for publication to various platforms
• Prepare highlights to be finished by The Content Edit group
• Screens content for use on all digital platforms, non-linear editing and encoding
• May assist with digital video camera work in our Digital Media studio
• Research and prepare video for digital segments and shows
• Works under the close supervision of Digital Media Newsroom Manager
• Minimum 1 year related production experience, including experience with sports news
• A strong knowledge of major and minor sports is essential
• Candidate is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Must possess skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change
• Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of editing, encoding and streaming video content for Digital platforms preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications or a related major with an emphasis on Digital Media production is preferred
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Auto req ID