Date Last Verified
Requisition Number: WS-12901
Area of Interest: Public Relations
Position Type: Full-time
About the Role
Williams Sonoma is seeking an Associate Public Relations Manager. This person will be responsible for creating and executing the brands' publicity strategies and will act as the primary contact for all media inquiries. The ideal candidate will be an experienced PR professional with general marketing and advertising expertise.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Act as the primary company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
* Advise internal clients on communications strategies, and how they align to business objectives
* Work closely with the executive management team
* Book and coordinate press tours and plan events
* Establish relationships with top-level media contacts
* Perform budget planning and forecasting
Why you will love working at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because you have the following qualifications...
* 5+ years PR experience, preferably with both agency and in-house teams
* Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, or public relations
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
* Driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead , you naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
* A true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business
* Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
* Independent, self-sufficient work ethic
* Exceptional initiative & follow-through skills
* Creative, strategic and analytical thinking
* Thoughtful leadership, both within PR discipline and with the business at large
* Strong consumer media relations skills, with proven program results
* Results-focused approach
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to recommend and initiate work and projects with minimal direction
* A skilled user of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience with Bacon's Media Services, Bix360, MediaMap, and/or other proprietary media contact software
* Knowledge of home furnishings and interior design a plus
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Founded in 1956, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.