Pursuit Specialist - Science & Technology
Pursuit Specialist - Science & Technology
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
Our architecture practice is committed to design excellence and innovation. We are looking for a passionate and motivated marketing professional with exceptional proposal development experience, an eye for visual communications and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines. Our work environment is fast paced, exciting and team oriented. This position is within the Architecture practice and part of a tight-knit team of pursuit specialists across the country who work together to build creative and responsive submittals to support our architectural pursuit teams, finding the most effective way to get messages across in print and digital media. Exceptional communications skills are essential for this role; specifically the ability to manage teams across office and time zones for a multitude of internal clients.
A/E MARKETING/Pursuit Specialist
Responsible for managing the pursuit process for HDR architecture from early marketing through to interview. A hands-on professional responsible to develop materials such as qualifications; proposals; presentations; correspondence; project documentation (both in narrative and graphic form); and track CRM.
Involved in the Education/Science & Technology market sector including client strategy as well as client or industry research.
Able to independently evaluate and clarify RFQ/RFP requirements. Understands proposal strategy, develops the work plan and manages the pursuit team to schedule.
Involves frequent collaboration with internal staff across business lines to obtain materials/other information during project pursuits. Able to write/edit proposals sections as needed. Engages additional resources, graphic designers and technical writers, as needed to implement HDR's brand throughout all materials. Coordinates reprographics production/shipping schedules, and compiles/distributes submissions.
* A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or Professional Service degree, such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture or other related technical field is preferred. Those with Graphic Design degrees who are skilled in production design are encouraged to apply.
* A minimum of 1-5 years of hands on marketing experience in the A/E Industry (or other A/E industry experience).
* Self-starter, team-oriented individual; able to work well with different personalities and professional styles, and with all levels of staff
* Able to understand the big picture and how it relates to assigned tasks; needs to be a creative thinker, have a can-do attitude, love challenges
* Excellent problem solving skills; strong oral, written, and graphic communication skills
* Ability to travel and work unscheduled overtime, sometimes on tight deadlines
* Highly-organized, detail-oriented professional with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
* Mastery of Adobe InDesign CC and MS Office products (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Knowledge and experience with standard forms (SF330s) preferred.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.