Apply Now DATE POSTED 10/17/2017 Requisition Number: 205928BR-2 Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Alternative Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time Spectrum News North Carolina is available on channels 14 and 200 and in the western foothills of North Carolina on channels 2, 14 and 711 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in North Carolina. Spectrum News North Carolina serves the Triad (Greensboro, Winston- Salem and High Point), Wilmington, Charlotte and the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) markets and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week.
The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in upstate New York (Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Buffalo), New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.
Spectrum Networks has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Investigative Reporter. Here at Spectrum Networks, we're all about advocacy journalism; we want investigations that affect change and make a difference for our viewers. We are looking for an investigator who can seamlessly combine expertise in computer-assisted reporting skills and data-mining, with the ability to develop a wide network of human sources - plus a flair for compelling storytelling (both on-air and online). You will have the opportunity to work on not just long range investigations, but also quick-turn investigations that deepen our coverage of the big story of the day. The ability to construct compelling stories through creative and innovative use of social media is a must. You will be part of a large development unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas.
* Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories.
* Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas.
* Familiarity with IRE best practices.
* Knowledge of the legal land mines pertaining to investigations and how to avoid them.
* Strong knowledge of computer-assisted reporting, database, and spreadsheet programs.
* A love of and passion for what you do as an investigator.
* Willingness to work overtime and weekends with short notice.
* Must be able to write and produce engaging investigations.
* Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 5 years of experience working as an investigative reporter.
* Proven experience working with hidden cameras.
* Basic camera shooting and editing a plus.
* Familiarity with the local market is critical for success in this role.
* Must have the ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
* Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples.
* Proven Track record of results from stories
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably with emphasis on journalism and/or communications.
Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances. FCC Unit: 13530 - Eastern NC Business Unit: Spectrum Networks Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.