The Administrative Assistant's responsibilities include primary administrative support to the Director of Development, project management as well as some research, and copy editing for fundraising communications, magazine articles and other creative projects.
- Manage creative projects calendar ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Outlook calendar management for the director.
- Review and sort daily correspondence for the director.
- Create and compile various database reports including an array of analysis of client activities.
- Compose meeting notes as needed and distribute feedback.
- Maintain soft-filing system for various internal documents.
- Ensure completion and approval of team timesheets.
- Prepare and maintain expense reports.
- Manage other projects as directed.
- Edit copy as directed.
- Research information for various writing projects.
- Review copy for grammar, spelling, punctuation, accuracy and style consistency.
- Write copy outlines/first drafts for development.
This position requires an individual who possesses strong organizational, analytical, and administrative skills and can handle balancing multiple projects and priorities. In facilitating the day-to-day functions of the department, the qualified individual must be a self-starter, a proactive thinker who anticipates the director's needs, a clear written and verbal communicator, organized, detail-oriented and highly confidential. The individual is not the primary copywriter or proofreader but must also be proficient at copywriting, editing and proofreading.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Leadership abilities with team-based approach
• Proficient computer skills with Windows (including file structure comprehension), Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Visio
• Demonstrable copyediting/proofing/writing skills.
• Ability to multitask with excellence in a deadline-driven environment.
• Flexibility with last-minute changes.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree desired, however an Associate's degree will be considered.