Woodard & Curran
At Woodard & Curran, there's nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues-solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
A successful candidate for the Content Marketing Specialist position is an organized individual with demonstrated exemplary written communication skills to support the firm's online and traditional marketing program. Candidates for the position will ideally have two or more years of relevant experience in the professional services industry and/or in turning technical information into marketing copy. They will be able to write for a variety of media and thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment. This position is based in our Portland, ME office.
The writing aspects of this position cannot be overemphasized. Primary responsibilities include:
• Writing for a variety of content marketing platforms, including the company website, white papers, and blogs.
• Article, abstract, and presentation writing, organization, support, and development.
• Writing, development, and ongoing maintenance of marketing and sales collateral.
In addition to the writing responsibilities above, this position will be responsible for helping implement the company's social media and digital marketing and engagement strategies. Duties will include promoting original content, engaging in conversations across multiple platforms on behalf of the company, and looking for opportunities to communicate directly with potential clients and employees through social media.
The multi-tasking aspects of this position also cannot be overstated. The successful candidate will be a high-energy individual who is detail-oriented and has the:
• Ability to distill technical information and translate into compelling and easy to understand language.
• Confidence to work with technical staff on a wide variety of projects.
• Ability to work well with others, showing flexibility and good listening skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with competing demands for your time.
• Ability to switch gears frequently and smoothly.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to take initiative and to be persistent.
• Willingness to work overtime when deadlines require.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications.
• 2 years of relevant experience.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Experience with web content management systems and/or blogging platforms.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs is a plus.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Woodard & Curran
Website : http://www.woodardcurran.com