Woodcliff Lake, NJ, United States
Sep 07, 2021
Requisition ID: 125496
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Business Development & Proposals
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Proposal Coordinator, you will be working with our proposal and marketing team in support of some of the most challenging construction projects across the United States.
If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, a position where you can work independently but also collaborate with teams, and assignments that provide variety and opportunity, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. This position demands a strong work ethic, initiative, and commitment to quality.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our North Cliff, NJ office
• Work under direction of Regional Proposal Strategy Manager
• Analyze and interpret solicitation documents and requirements (RFQ, RFI, RFP) to prepare comprehensive response templates (compliance matrix, proposal outlines, schedule)
• Prepare and facilitate proposal kick-off meetings, milestone reviews, and recovery periods
• Coordinate all proposal sections to ensure compliance with client’s objectives and requirements while ensuring consistency with proposing entity’s strategy and approach
• Participate in strategy and storyboarding sessions to incorporate data into deliverable documents
• Collaborate and interview engineers, designers, and others to secure information for various writing assignments to prepare compliant, compelling written proposal content
• Serve as lead writer for various non-technical proposal sections (i.e., project descriptions, qualification summaries, resumes, etc.)
• Make accurate and timely edits and revisions to documents, and adjust schedule as required
• Understands and applies proposal methods and tools, consistently implement standard best practice processes
• Collaborate with graphics team to conceptualize and integrate graphics to convey proposed solutions within SOQ/proposal responses
• Assist in total production and delivery of proposals
• Assist with maintaining, monitoring, and managing proposal database, files, and systems through appropriate information management systems
• Support in development and maintaining best practices and templates, data platforms and style guides
3 years of proposal coordination/writing experience in engineering/construction or similar industry
Prior exposure to construction management practices
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Liberal Arts, or equivalent
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and attentive listening skills
Ability to prioritize, balance, and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously
Effective verbal and written communication skills - within core team and with internal and external clients
Action orientated – ability to take on challenges and effectively problem-solve
Strong editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well as writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
Ability to deliver quality work in a strict deadline-driven environment
A focus on teamwork – ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.