VICE PRESIDENT, SPECTRUM NEWS
Apply Now DATE POSTED 02/13/2018 Requisition Number: 211412BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: News Position Type: Full Time Posting Job Description
A growing organization, Spectrum Networks, home of 16 Local News Channels nationwide and 3 Regional Sports Networks in Los Angeles is looking for a hands-on Los Angeles based Vice President, News with familiarity in all facets of a news operations and a proven track record of success in a competitive television environment.
Our ideal candidate will have the drive to design, build and operate a forward thinking News Operation holding previous experience as a News Director or Assistant News Director primed and ready for an executive leadership role.
The position of VP, Spectrum News is responsible for the design, build and day-to-day leadership and management of a Los Angeles based News station. This position will collaborate directly with the executive management team and decision makers in other departments to identify and implement effective and efficient content strategies to drive viewership and support monetization for all - TV & Digital platforms.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborates across the Company to develop content and distribution strategies that differentiate Spectrum News in the market to drive audience engagement across all viewing platforms.
* Lead efforts across Spectrum News, establishing effective and efficient systems for agile, collaborative, and aggressive news coverage that leverages Spectrum News resources, enhancing the engagement of all markets of Spectrum News Networks when appropriate.
* Develop and maintain an appropriate and effective organizational structure that supports the content strategy.
* Oversees leadership team of News, Operations, and other functional leads in designated market/s; determines responsibility scope and sets measurable goals that will ensure success in all key areas.
* Manages financial performance to ensure that operating and capital expenditures meet budgetary expectations; develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for content related strategies.
* Works closely with outside consultants to assure feedback leads to working action plans that drive improvement in news product quality, staff development, and overall Spectrum News performance to best serve Charter customers.
* Leads with a commitment to coaching, inspiring, communicating, and maintaining a cohesive team that performs at a high standard capable of running the business today, while preparing a vision for sustainable success in the future.
* Oversees plans for special projects, new programming initiatives, and budgets.
* A proactive, collaborative, and strong partner to the leadership of Spectrum Reach advertising sales and their respective teams.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Knowledge of all aspects of local news programming.
Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others.
Planning: ability to anticipate situations and plan over a one- to two-year time span.
Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Interpersonal: build relationships and motivate.
Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level.
Communication: demonstrated excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports.
Promotion: ability to promote products within the Company and throughout the greater LA/SOCAL area.
Computer: knowledge and skill in basic spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Bachelor s degree in broadcast journalism, management or related field preferred or comparable television management work experience.
Normal office environment.
Works primarily inside a climate controlled environment throughout the year.
Sits for long periods of time.
Requires long periods of personal computer use and telephone communications.
Communicates in person, by phone and by email.
Talking, seeing, hearing, sitting, reaching, handling, typing/keying, pushing and pulling.
May be required to lift up to 5 pounds.
Must be able to distinguish colors and discern sounds.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances. FCC Unit: 13558 - So Cal South Business Unit: Spectrum Networks Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.