The Harvard Business Review Managing Editor, Analytic Services oversees the editorial activities for over 50 sponsored research reports per year. In addition to overseeing the content of all HBR-AS reports, the Managing Editor will be responsible for writing 10-12 reports per year. The remaining HBR-AS reports are written by outside consultants and this role will manage these relationships. The Managing Editor will handle the day-to-day operations of content development for HBR-AS.
Content Development Responsibilities: Responsible for developing the content for 10-12 HBR-AS reports per year. As part of the content development process, this role is responsible for writing the report narratives about the topic based on the conducted interviews and obtained research data, using attributed quotes from interviewees. The 10-12 reports include survey development and analysis.
Managing Editor Responsibilities:
• Managing editor over all HBR-AS reports written by independent writers
• Developing strong relationships with existing writers and expanding roster of freelance writers
• Ensuring the HBR-AS voice and style is consistent in reports
• Responsible for managing the editorial direction for HBR-AS
• Trouble shooting and problem-solving advice as required
• Editing of pipeline of HBR-AS reports and managing content development
• Meeting deadlines and budget requirements
• Depending on bandwidth, the role will write or edit additional pieces such as advertorials
• Working with research director and writers on questionnaire development for quantitative surveys and interviews
• Proven working experience as an editor
• Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
• Excellent written skills in English
• An eye for detail along with critical thinking
• Prioritizing and multitasking
• Research report writing and survey development a plus
• BS degree in Journalism or in related field
Would you like to apply to this job?