Archdiocese of Washington
Hyattsville, MD, United States
Journalism, Pr, Fundraising
The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Foundation Relations Officer. The Foundation Relations Officer is responsible for supporting archdiocesan development efforts through researching and building relationships with current and potential public and private foundations via a successful implementation of a prospect management system. The Foundation Relations Officer will report to the Director of Donor Relations and Gift Planning and will work in close cooperation with team members from the Offices of Development, Finance, Communications, Catholic Schools, and Pastoral Ministry and Social Concerns.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for conducting the full range of prospect management activities to identify, research and build relationships with executive directors at current and potential public and private foundation supporters.
• Responsible for preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals in support of the work of the Annual Appeal and other development priorities as identified by the Archbishop’s Office, Moderator’s Office and the Office of Development.
• Work with the Office of Development and other Offices of the archdiocese as needed to gather information necessary to develop and report on public and private foundation current and potential grant programs.
• Work with the Office of Development and other offices of the Archdiocese to comply with all grant reporting guidelines and deadlines as required by public and private foundation grants received.
• Maintain current records in the database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Track statistics relevant to development and provide the department with written materials necessary for foundation stewardship.
• Work with Office of Development and designated other individuals to provide development input for written institutional stewardship materials, including the Archdiocese of Washington Annual Report, articles in the archdiocesan newspapers and publications such as the Catholic Impact.
• Assist with other Annual Appeal, major gifts, planned giving and stewardship programs and projects, as requested by the Executive Director of Development or the Director of Donor Relations and Gift Planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to handle multiple tasks under time-sensitive deadlines
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Knowledge of the fundraising environment
• Experience in working with multiple stakeholders in executing a fundraising plan
• Strong sense of mission
Required Education and Experience
• Practicing Catholic who supports the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, fundraising or non-profit management.
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential or professional fundraising certifications/designations a plus.
• A minimum of three years’ professional and successful management of public and private foundation giving caseload (preferably within an archdiocese or chapter-based not for profit.
• Experience with Foundation Center or other foundation search engines.
• Experience with managing donor data (creating reports, etc)
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle documents and type on a keyboard; and reach with hands and arms
Archdiocese of Washington
Website : http://www.adw.org