Honeywell International Inc.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Manager, Marketing, Executive, Journalism, Media
Jun 19, 2021
Oct 02, 2021
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future!
Honeywell is seeking a Senior Director, Internal Communications, reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources & Communications, for Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) Based in Charlotte, NC. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior leader who wants to be at the heart of Honeywell's transformation, the establishment of an enhanced performance culture, diversity hiring, and key elements of Honeywell's brand!
This individual will lead the development and execution of global internal communication strategies to drive employee engagement and alignment with the Company's direction. The individual will coordinate an agenda across the SPS business groups and regions, facilitating cross-business planning and holding all groups to common processes and metrics along with high quality standards. The individual will also participate in the long-term management of public affairs issues that affect the business, working in close partnership with External Communications, Customer Marketing and Government Relations.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, self-sufficient leader with a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience leading organizations, with outstanding executive presence and business acumen, a strong process orientation, and the ability to coach, develop and lead a team while influencing a larger global organization. Outstanding communication skills are required, verbal and written, with ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups and individuals. The candidate must have extraordinary ability to work well with people at all levels, especially senior leaders, and demonstrated competence in a high-performance environment, with experience working with business leaders and Communications leaders in multiple regions. The individual must have the highest personal integrity and a strong personal commitment to diversity. The individual should be comfortable working in gray areas and be able to effectively handle pressures and demands from multiple clients and competing priorities. The individual should have demonstrated ability to learn about and grasp highly technical offerings and to translate often complex technologies into clear, plain language.
· Develop and lead SPS’s overall internal communications planning and strategies in support of employee engagement and the positioning of Honeywell as a leading technology company
· Support SPS’s biggest initiatives, organization transitions, leadership changes, and other transformation steps through innovative and effective communication plans that address the needs of varied audiences and stakeholders
· Drive performance and provide coaching and leadership SPS Communications team to ensure the communications function meets and exceeds expectations
· Raise the bar on employee messaging around benefits and the employee value proposition create messages that are simple, visually compelling and readily understood by our global audiences
· Lead executive communications in support of the President and CEO of SPS and the functional leaders on his staff and quarterly global town meetings
· Work closely with the External Communications, Customer Marketing and Government Relations teams to promote the SPS brand and its offerings, and to manage public affairs issues over the long term
· Support ongoing publication of news about SPS, employee achievements, and explanation of initiatives and priorities on Honeywell's key internal and external news channels
· Serve as member of Communications Leadership Council
YOU MUST HAVE:
· A bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
· 15 years of demonstrated successful experience in communications in a corporate or an agency environment
· Internal communication experience in a corporate or an agency environment
· The ability to think strategically and provide communications counsel to senior leadership, and lead the development of communication strategies and plans to drive results
· Well-developed storytelling skills and grammatical writing skills, with ability to quickly develop clear, concise messages
· Excellent (and ruthless) editing skills. A willingness to be hands-on with writing and editing to get the job done effectively
· A willingness to challenge the status quo, think creatively and take intelligent risks in raising the overall level of Internal Communications
· Advanced understanding of business processes and vernacular
· Demonstrated ability to learn about and grasp highly technical offerings and to translate often complex technologies into clear, plain language
· Demonstrated experience with social media and an advanced understanding of how best to leverage channels such as Yammer to promote employee engagement
· Extraordinary ability to work well with people at all levels, especially senior leaders
· Understand nuances, comfortable working in gray areas, all with the highest personal integrity
· Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple clients and competing priorities
· Effectively coaches and develops direct reports; leads and influences a larger global organization
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Honeywell International Inc.
Website : http://www.honeywell.com